Monday, February 20, 2023

Tue, Feb 7

Dumbbell front raises, with the 10 lb dumbbells. Both unilateral and bilateral.

***

Thurs, Feb 9

Seated chest flies with the 10 lb dumbbells. These felt quite good.

Tried rowing; ankle is still too tight.

***

Sat, Feb 11

Seated barbell bicep curls. Approximately 50 lbs on the barbell total, without being completely certain how much the barbell itself weighs (it's a weird one).

***

Tue, Feb 14

Dumbbell overhead presses. Standing today. I tried to make sure I was standing evenly and engaging my core.

***

Wed, Feb 15

Today I was able to do 35 minutes on the row machine.

The ankle felt a little tight a couple times, so I didn't want to go any longer than that today. Also, I did go at a very light effort level today, just enough to get moving.

Later, I did some sets of dumbbell front raises.

***

Thurs, Feb 16

Yesterday, we had a big snowstorm. In classic Colorado style, the melt-off started today. The roads were still snowy but also beginning to get slushy and sloppy.

Naturally, I decided to pick today to do first run since my ankle injury two weeks ago.

I took Pippin. We went slowly, and did not go very far. But we got a little bit of road, a little bit of trail, and 350 feet of elevation.

2.6 miles today. Short to not over exert the ankle.


Later at home, I decided that I wanted to supplement today's very short run with a little additional cardio, so I did 35 minutes on the row machine.

***

Fri, Feb 17

My ankle is feeling much better overall. Today, I did 6.3 miles with Pippin.

The road to the overlook was still closed to vehicles, but it was completely melted off. The best kind of day to run along the top of Palmer Park, soaking in the sun along the long, flat mesa.


***

Sat, Feb 18

I did a total of 16 miles today. The last 6 were with Pippin.


I am feeling like myself again!

***

Sun, Feb 19

Today, I met with Sharon and her husband Charles for an interval session.

It was a simple and short ladder - I did half a mile, a mile, and half a mile. My times were 4:07, 7:32, and 3:40.

I took the first half mile a little slower. I was really happy with my mile being in the 7:30 range!!

Sharon and I did a bit longer cool-down and got a total of 7 miles. What a fun interval session 😲💯!

Later, I took Pippin to Palmer Park for a short 5 mile jaunt, bringing my total mileage for today to 12 miles.

I also walked a couple miles with the family. To be clear about my yearly mileage total, I don't include walks or hikes with the family into my running mileage. But any walking that is part of a run (like walking between intervals, or hiking on steep uphills in the mountains) I do include towards my yearly total.

***

To summarize, I did some weights while my ankle was injured. Once I began to feel better, I felt all better all at once. I still want to be careful and reasonable as I return to higher mileage, but I'm currently riding a wave of feeling good (likely as a result of all the rest!)

I was concerned that I might not be able to make my twice-monthly speedwork goal this month because of the injury, but as long as I go next weekend, I'll get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment