Monday, February 27, 2023

Mon, Feb 20

4 miles easy jog today, followed by some lightweight dumbbell overhead presses.

***

Tue, Feb 21

3.5 miles with Pippin in the evening, before the temperature drop and cold front came in at night.

***

Wed, Feb 22

45 minutes on the row machine, followed by dumbbell front raises.

***

Thu, Feb 23

We decided to bake cookies with the natural food color dyes that we got. They came out very interesting in color! The base color of the dough was supposed to be a mint green, and it was more of a green apple color before baking. After they came out, they were red in the middle and mildly yellow-green on the outside. Strange but delicious! 😂


I didn't work out today, but we went dancing to the club at night... My husband and I danced for a couple of hours, what a blast! I call that a fun way to take an active rest day 😂.

***

Fri, Feb 24

50 minutes on the row machine in the morning. 

I wasn't planning to run today, but the afternoon was so nice and the sunlight so warm that I did decide to go with Pippin. It was tank top weather along the long top of the mesa in Palmer.

We made it right to the overlook just as the sun was setting behind the mountains!

What magical timing!


Pippin enjoyed feeling the warm sun on his back at the overlook, and then we headed down and back home before dark.

We got a total of 7.4 miles today.

***

Sun, Feb 26

Today I met with Sharon and Charles again for our Sunday Speedwork!

We did the same ladder as last week: half-mile, mile, half-mile. My times were faster across the board this week! It was encouraging.

I ran 3:44, 7:22, and 3:34. That last half-mile was a good push! I hope to be able to go under 7 minutes for the mile within a few months of our training.

Our total distance was just under 6 miles for the day.

Later, I took Pippin out for a jog over 5 and half miles as well, making my cumulative mileage for the day 11.6 miles, with 2 of those miles at high effort.

***

Mon, Feb 27

Today, I did 8.5 miles at slow/recovery pace, and then took Pippin for 6 miles to the overlook at a  slightly more moderate pace. My total mileage for the day was 14.5 miles. I am trying not to go overboard, I really am! 😂

***

This week was fun. And thanks to Sharon and Charles, I made my twice-monthly speedwork goal for February! Despite it being a short month and also my injury at the beginning of the month.

Looking forward to more fun and fast times as March comes around, and maybe even some mountain runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment