Thursday, July 26, 2018

I set out to do about 10 miles on Gold Camp road closed section this morning, but I maintained a sense of adventure about this run and knew it might take me off course for a little while.

If you've ever run on Gold Camp, you know that there are many trails that branch off. First, there is Seven Bridges, and then St. Mary's Falls trail, and then an offshoot that also connects to St. Mary's Falls trail higher up.

I explored the NEXT off-shoot after that one. With a rumble of distant thunder, I scrambled a steep hillside. Soon having to turn back, I couldn't continue very far, but I believe what I discovered was the trail that eventually leads to the scramble below Cookstove Mountain. Here is me with Cookstove Mountain behind me.


And here is a parting glance at Cookstove Mountain as I ran back down Gold Camp and away from the storms forming overhead.


My goal is to find the "secret passage" to Mount Rosa. A trail that connects from Gold Camp road up the eastern wash off of Mount Rosa below its saddle.

I believe the trail I was looking for is the NEXT offshoot after the one I explored today. I might be back as soon as Sunday to investigate.

Although I had plenty of chores to do today and limited time to explore the mountains, I got my share of adventure in while I could! The oncoming storm sure did put a little element of adrenaline in for that bonus downhill speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment